Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Living in the Moment

We keep hearing "Live in the moment". But how many of us truly do live in the moment? We are either planning our future or thinking about our past successes or failures.

I met Shriyank in November 2000. It was one of those large gatherings where I knew no one! I was standing in one corner, when Shriyank came in on a bed with all the possible equipment for breathing, etc. with his sister and mother. He looked at me and there was a smile in his eyes... a very naughty smile. I instantly wanted to know this person. I approached them and introduced myself to figure that he could not speak. He just acknowledged with his eyes. His sister smiled (a sad smile) and said "He can't speak you know. He used to be a fun-loving person and now look at him. As I glanced, he was again looking at me as it to say "Don't pity me. I am happy the way I am." He was a true example of living in the moment!

It does not mean that you are always happy about everything - what it means is that you live the present moment to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment